gluten free, vegan
Continuing my quest for the perfect plant-based burger and I think I’ve found it! This is a deliciously satisfying burger with the perfect amount of crunch from the carrot.
Serve with a big salad and peanut dressing for a feel-good dinner!
Carrot & Bean Burgers
Prep: 15 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
1 can cannellini beans
1 can kidney beans (or cannellini)
2 limes, zest
5 spring onions
(60g) quinoa flakes OR panko breadcrumbs
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp ground ras al hanout
large handful fresh cilantro
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt & pepper
- Peel, trim and finely grate the carrots. Finely chop the spring onion (white and bright green parts). Chop the cilantro leaves and stems.
- Drain and rinse the beans, then transfer them to a large mixing bowl and mash with a fork or potato masher.
- To the beans, add the grated carrot, spring onion, cilantro, lime zest, cumin, ras al hanout and quinoa flakes/breadcrumbs.
- Season with salt & pepper and mix all the ingredients well.
- Using your hands, form palm-sized patties from the mix and set aside on a plate.
- Heat a skillet with a tablespoon of olive oil over a medium heat. Cook the burgers for around 3-4 minutes on each side until golden and edges crispy.
- Serve with a green salad!