Vegan, gluten free, nut free
I usually associate soups with winter time, something warm and comforting for chilly evenings. But soups can be excellent light meals for the summer when it’s too hot to eat something heavier.
This pea and mint soup is perfect because it can be served at room temperature. The mint is so refreshing, and just look at this vibrant colour – it screams summer to me!
Best of all, this dish could not be simpler to make, it has only 5 ingredients and is ready in under 20 minutes!
Garden Pea & Mint Soup
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
1 lb (500g) frozen garden peas
1 medium onion, chopped
2 pt (1l) vegetable stock
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Gently cook the onion until it is softened but not browned.
- Pour the stock over the onion, put the lid on the saucepan, cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the peas, return the lid, cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the chopped mint and cook for 1 minute.
- Blend with an immersion blender until smooth (it’s ok to have some lumps though).
What do you think about soups in the summer? Did you try this recipe? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below!