gluten free, nut free
I’m all about grilling right now! BBQ’d everything, throwing things under the grill! This time of year I don’t feel like standing over a hot stove or spending much time in the kitchen at all. The sun is out in all her glory, it’s super hot and I want my recipes to be quick, light and healthy.
This beautiful, summery Grilled Peach & Chicken Salad ticks all of those boxes! The chicken takes only a 5 minutes to grill to retain it’s tenderness, and the ripe peaches add a wonderful sweetness which is balanced out by the salty feta cheese. Crisp salad leaves and crunchy beetroot form the base.
The flavours are deliciously delicate and peach so succulent, that the only sauce needed is a simple balsamic and olive oil dressing. It’s perfection when accompanied with a glass of Tomato Gazpacho!
Grilled Peach & Chicken Salad
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
3 skinless chicken breasts
4 ripe peaches
3.5 oz (100g) feta cheese, crumbled
1 uncooked beetroot
9oz (250g) lettuce leaves
Salt & pepper
- Peel and shred the beetroot. Core and slice the peaches into eighths. Cut the chicken into 1.5inch pieces
- Preheat grill on high setting. Drizzle a baking tray or dish with olive oil.
- Evenly space the peach pieces and chicken on the baking tray, drizzle with a little more olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the tray under the grill on the top shelf. Grill for 3 minutes, then remove the tray and turn the chicken and peach pieces. Return to the grill for another 2 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- In a large salad bowl, toss together the salad leaves, beetroot, and balsamic and olive oil to taste.
- Serve into 3 bowls or plates, top with the chicken and peach pieces, then sprinkle the feta on top.
Have you tried this Grilled Peach and Chicken recipe? What did you think? Let me know in the comments!