vegan, gluten free, nut free
This roasted eggplant and garlic dip recipe is incredibly simple and delicious. Perfect as a side dish, snack or even lunch. When roasted the eggplants develops a beautifully smokey flavour, while the roasted garlic is wonderfully sweet. Once that is done, all that is required is a bit of seasoning, squeeze of lemon juice and that’s it!
This is really one of those recipes i find myself coming back to time and time again. It’s perfect for a snack with some crackers, or even as a side dish with grilled fish.
Roasted Eggplant & Garlic Dip
Yield: about 4 cups
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 45 mins
3 large eggplants
6 garlic cloves
1/2 lemon, juice
1 tsp Tabasco
Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F / 180C / gas mark 4.
- Slice the eggplants in half, drizzle some olive oil in a large baking dish, place the eggplants skin side down in dish, drizzle with more olive oil.
- Put the garlic cloves in the baking dish – keep the skins on.
- Place in the oven and cook for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven, leave to cool a bit.
- Scoop the flesh out of the eggplants into a food processor.
- Squeeze the garlic out of the skin. Add to the food processor.
- Add the lemon juice, Tabasco, a tablespoon of olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Pulse in processor until combined but not too smooth. Taste and add more seasoning/Tabasco to taste.
- Serve with some tasty crackers!